In the woods and fjords of Norway, Fabian grills, bakes and cooks for his blog Fire Kitchen. His videos inspire millions of people on YouTube and Facebook. “The Fire Kitchen is this knife and this knife is the Fire Kitchen“, he says proudly, because this knife (FK1) is not only Fabian’s most important cooking tool for the preparation of steaks, fish and vegetables but also a firefighting tool and bush knife.
The Fire Kitchen FK2 knife is the compact brother of the FK1. The blade of the FK2 measures 20cm and is perfect for smaller work at the campfire, braai, or in the kitchen. With its hand-forged blade, razor-sharp edge, unmistakable shape, rough forged scale and ashwood handle, the FK2 will serve you for decades!
- Overall Length 34cm (13.4″)
- Blade Length 20cm (8″)
- Blade Width 10cm (4″)
- Spine Thickness 4.3mm (0.17″)
- 1095 High Carbon Steel
- Ashwood Handle
- Leather Sheath
- Before using the knife for the first time, wash it thoroughly under running water and with plenty of detergent or soap.
- The FK2 is a hand-forged knife made of carbon steel and therefore not stainless!
- The blade (especially the polished edge) gets a patina when used and turns dark grey over time. Please do not worry, especially at the beginning, if the blade discolours – this is not a defect but a feature.
- Only if the patina is “finished” after frequent use, is the manufacturing process of your FK2 knife properly completed.